Fans Fly Broomsticks and Hippogriffs

Flight+of+the+Hyppogriff+is+a+main+attraction.+

Carissa Guzman

Flight of the Hyppogriff is a main attraction.

Karyssa Newsome, Features Editor

From coasters to 3D experiences, to on-stage performances, the attractions at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter offer guests magical amusement for all ages.

What sets apart the Potter rides, which are the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey 3D experience ride and the Flight of the Hippogriff coaster,  is overall friendliness to people who generally don’t like rides and/or are scared of  thrill rides. Oh, but they are thrilling!

The 3D Adventure ride takes guests on an awesome adventure around Hogwarts as they follow Harry and his friends by way of broomstick. After strapping into your seat and putting on your 3D quidditch goggles, you whiz through Hogwarts castle and continue to fly about, under bridges, on the quidditch field and even in the Forbidden Forest, where you are attacked by giant spiders and dementors. This ride should really be categorized as 4D: you can feel the heat from the dragon’s fire and spider venom being sprayed at you. The effects and movements of the seat really make it feel like you are flying. It is a ride you can’t skip and an experience that can only be described as… well, magical.

While the 3D adventure ride doesn’t have any major drops and merely twists and turns, the Flight of the Hippogriff is an actual coaster, a family-friendly coaster to be exact. The duration of the ride feels like under a minute, and it is fun all the way through. As you begin the climb, a life-size Hippogriff greets you, and you get a nice view of Hagrid’s home. The drop is more of a spiral than anything else, giving you the feeling that you actually are flying on a Hippogriff.

On the outdoor stage, you can see the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students perform  in the Triwizard Spirit Rally, which will definitely get your blood pumping; it’s as if you’re actually in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire watching the outside students show off their skills.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has an attraction for everyone, whether you’re seeking rides or entertainment.