McCartney Makes Her Mark in Softball

Kailey Withers, Staff Writer

Her ruthlessness, dedication, and love for the game makes her a key player and a large threat to opposing teams. Sophomore Cassidy McCartney always encourages her teammates and plays her hardest, whether she’s on the softball field or the basketball court. Her unyielding drive while playing makes her somebody for her teammates to look up to and rival teams to fear.

McCartney describes hitting the softball as one of the most satisfying feelings. “I love hitting the ball. When you get a good hit, it’s the best feeling,” she said.

McCartney has been playing softball since the age of six, which has given her plenty of time to grow as a player and teammate. With softball taking up the majority of her free time, McCartney remains committed to her team, which has given her many irreplaceable friendships and encouraged her to try her hardest in everything she does. “I have met so many of my best friends by playing sports,” she said.

Although she doesn’t plan on playing sports after high school, McCartney still continues to take pride in her team and try her hardest during every game. Her never-ending hard work is sure the bring her many successes in the future and has kept her occupied her whole life.