Sanders’ Strong Work Ethic and Positive Attitude Inspire Others

Hope Denison, Staff Writer

With true team spirit, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude, Senior Malachi Sanders is loved by both his swim and water polo teammates.  Sanders began playing water polo at the age of twelve and began recreational swim at five years old. Sanders works hard in and out of the pool, but he knows how to make his teammates and friends laugh and have fun. He has been on varsity swim for all four years of high school and has been on varsity water polo for three.

Sanders’ work ethic is just one of the things his teammates love about him. Senior Brock Krammerer said, “I’ve swam and played water polo with Malachi since we were freshmen, and it’s been great for us to be able to play together and challenge each other.”

Senior Dylan Booz said, “Malachi is a hardworking and dedicated player who will stop at nothing to achieve success.”

“Malachi is a very smart and successful student athlete, and I have had the privilege of seeing him achieve many goals through our years of high school. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for him,” added Senior Mia Ryan.

Along with a hard work ethic, Sanders knows how to have fun and make his team members laugh. Senior Jodie Nelson said, “Malachi is a nice kid. He always makes people laugh with his jokes and antics, and despite his tendency to joke around, he’s actually really committed to the team, and he’s a good leader for the younger swimmers.”

Freshman Olivia Barman said, “He’s a fun teammate to be around, and he is inclusive of everyone on the team.” Krammerer added, “Malachi is a good teammate in both water polo and swim and is always there for the team.”

Junior Kody Renly said, “Malachi is a great leader and athlete, and I feel honored to be able to compete with him.”

Freshman Sophie Ryan said, “Malachi has pretty bad taste in music, but his dancing is really great and he makes us all laugh.”

Junior Brad Setzler said, “Malachi makes swim team a lot of fun; he always makes everyone laugh.”

Senior Victoria Stuecklen said, “Malachi works really hard during practice. He puts in the work to be a good athlete, and he also makes everyone have a good time.”

Sanders said, “My favorite part about swim is the team culture. We are always having fun as a team, and there is never a dull moment at our practices and meets.”

All of Sanders’ hard work has paid off, and he will be continuing his academic and water polo career at UCSD.