Wade Works to Win

Anthony Garbino, Sports Editor

Sports players have different motivations to excel. Whether it is to be the best or to have fun, competition will always ensue.

Senior Victoria Wade is ranked number one in tennis singles in California and strives to become the best she possibly can. “I have worked my way up to being number one in singles, and I will do whatever it takes to keep my place at the top,” said Wade. Hard work and determination  has landed her in a place where she plays at such an intense level, she oftens competes against the best players, which better prepares her for her future tennis career.

“After this year, I plan on going into college and playing division two tennis and have the same success that I have had in high school,” she said. As Wade progresses through her senior year, she hopes to improve her skills on the court so she can advance to CIF as well as impress college scouts that may be considering her for scholarships. Her motivation to place in the top is so she can say that she is at the best that she can possibly be at in her tennis carrer. “My goal this year is to win CIF and just be the best I can overall to impress the scouts for colleges,” she said. Such determination will serve Wade well in her pursuit of victory as she dominates the courts.