Top Ten Most Binge-Worthy Shows

Emma Truchan, Features Editor

With so much time suddenly on our hands, now is the most opportune moment to dive into all those shows you’ve been meaning to watch. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back comedy or a high-stakes drama, there are countless programs that you could spend the hours watching. But sometimes the sheer amount of choices that streaming services offer can be overwhelming. To help you out in your quest for a show to spend the time obsessing over, here are the top ten most binge-able shows:

10.) High School Musical: The Musical: The Series – If you’re looking for a mood-boosting shot of nostalgia, this Disney Plus exclusive is just what you need. The series explores the beloved world of High School Musical through an original lens, keeping it from feeling like a rehash of the famed flicks. For those looking to escape into a feel-good series of levity and cheerfulness, this show is just perfect.

9.) Gilmore Girls – Essentially the comfort-food of TV shows, Gilmore Girls is just the show to sink your teeth into right now. With the right mixture of teen drama and humor, this classic is perfectly bingeable, made even easier with a Netflix subscription.

8.) Bob’s Burgers – This animated comedy, available on Hulu, is perfectly silly, awkward, and heartfelt all at the same time. If you’re looking for a good laugh, the Belcher family will surpass your expectations in every episode, keeping you coming back again and again.

7.) Grey’s Anatomy Sixteen seasons? With twenty-one episodes per season? Grey’s Anatomy is a modern-classic in the genre of medical dramas that will tug at your heartstrings and consume all of your time.

6.) Ozark – If you’re looking for a crime-thriller to keep you on the edge of your seat, Ozarks ever-escalating tension is a perfect watch. With a recently released third season, the dramatic and complex plot will leave you wanting more. For fans of crime dramas such as Breaking Bad, Ozark is just the show to spend your week watching.

5.) American Horror Story With a total of 9 seasons, each very different in their storyline but equally as captivating, American Horror Story sucks in the audience to carefully crafted worlds of terror. For those not faint of heart, this series could easily take up your week.

4.) Mad Men – Starring John Hamm as a New York City ad-firm executive, this ‘60s period drama is absolutely addictive. With an incredible cast of characters and amazing costume/set design, Mad Men is a treat in both its storyline and visuals.

3.) Parks and Recreation – With an eccentric cast of characters carrying out one of the most mundane jobs, Parks and Recreation shines with the comedic talent of actors such as Amy Poehler, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza and more. The quirky and charming nature of the show makes for easy watching and lots of laughs. 

2.) Game of Thrones Based off of George R.R. Martin’s book series, HBO’s Game of Thrones’ high fantasy drama provides one of the most compelling plots on T.V. today. Although not for the weak-willed, the series engrosses its audience into the world of fantastical kings and queens, keeping viewers hooked for hours.

1.) The OfficeThe Office makes it so easy to sit on the couch and watch a full season of TV in a day (not speaking from personal experience or anything…). Whether you’ve seen it once or 50 times, the timeless humor and silly antics are nearly addictive. If you’re looking for a show to satisfy the comedy craving, this is the one.