Extravagant Ways to Pop the Prom Question

Gabriella Proa, Staff Writer

Promposals have become a huge part of American culture, and seem to be becoming almost as important as marriage proposals. Boys and girls try to find the most extravagant way to ask that special someone to Prom.

For seniors, Prom is one of the last events of high school to socialize and have fun with fellow classmates. Prom is a beloved high school tradition and it seems Promposals are becoming just as important as the event itself.

“I get so excited about hoaw everyone gets so pumped [for Prom]. It’s my favorite part of the year!” said Senior Taylor Martin.

From posters to flash mobs, there are so many creative and unique ways to ask someone to Prom. People have become competitive with trying to have the best Promposal.

Promposals can incorporate a favorite food, movie, sport, hobby, show, or so many other things.  Pinterest has plenty of great ideas on how to ask him or her to Prom. They have some great ideas on how to ask someone by using food: like spelling out “Prom?” in sushi, using pepperoni to spell out “Prom?” on a pizza, “Are you In or Out for Prom?” with an In-n-Out meal, “I doughnut want to go to Prom with anyone but you — Prom?” with a box of donuts, or “I’ve never asked anyone to Prom before so I’m just going to wing it, Prom?” with chicken wings (pinterest.com).

You can ask someone by using the sport they play, for example: “Can I steal you for Prom?” with a poster in the shape of a baseball, “Let’s run to Prom together?” along with a pair of running shoes, or “Can I tackle Prom with you?” on a rugby ball or football.  The options are limitless.

For the show-fanatics and movie-lovers, you can pull from their favorite characters: “ Pick me…choose me…go to Prom with me” (Grey’s Anatomy), “Be the golden snitch to my quidditch… Prom?” (Harry Potter), “I can show you a whole new world at Prom” (Aladdin), “Will you fly UP to Prom with me?” (UP).

There’s more ways to ask your friend or partner to Prom than just verbally; you can make a puzzle that spells out “Prom,” use a riddle leading up to a Promposal, create a maze with flowers that eventually spells out “Prom,” or make a treasure map where “X” is the Promposal.

So now that you have all these different ideas, don’t be the one to ask over text, be the one to make a truly unforgettable Promposal.