Avengers: Infinity War and the Battle Ahead

Myla Zapf, Staff Writer

We all know and love the many masterpieces created by Comic Book Creators Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, and the ever-expanding Marvel Universe that they have provided us with. The newest Marvel film, Avengers: Infinity War, is no exception.

Avengers: Infinity War is an American film that will showcase all of the superheroes in the Avengers. The film is based on the Marvel comics in which the Avengers join forces with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

According to an informational website, the movie is going to feature 67 characters in total. Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor, among many other Avenger characters, will join forces to defeat their enemy, Thanos (cheatsheet.com). Some of the excitement over Avengers: Infinity War is caused by people wanting to see all of the superheroes, from the Avengers to the Guardians of the Galaxy, coming together after years of separation. “I want to see it because it’s the movie that brings all of the Marvel movies together,” said Junior Abdul Buzeriba.

According to a website about Avengers: Infinity War, Thanos is the main villain in the film and is a character who first had a large role in Guardians of the Galaxy. His goal is to collect all six of the Infinity stones that will make him virtually unstoppable when the stones are combined. He is obsessed with killing, death, and power. Isn’t that a sweet bunch?

Thanos is also considered one of the most unstoppable Marvel villains ever created. As for his abilities, he has super strength, endurance, and agility. If that isn’t bad enough already, he also has impenetrable skin. In the comics, Thanos was also cursed to be immortal, and thus he can’t die nor be killed, explains another informational website (thisisinsider.com). Of course, films inevitably diverge from the source material, but if Avengers: Infinity War maintains any of Thanos’s comic characteristics, it will lead to some fun fight scenes.

According to an article about Avengers: Infinity War on a media website, the film was originally set to be released later, but after the recent success of the movie Black Panther, the release date moved forward to April 27. The tickets went on sale on March 16 and broke the record for first day sales. This movie is expected to be one of the many records set by the Marvel movies (digitaltrends.com). “I’m hoping to be able to see the movie the first day it comes out,” said Buzeriba.

Many posters have been released to promote the upcoming film that features characters such as Spider-Man, Thor, and Star-Lord. In the posters, many fans noticed the absence of some characters. According to a web page about Avengers: Infinity War, “Fans were questioning the absence of Hawkeye and Ant-Man, who are supposed to be in the film but are not featured in the trailer or these new posters” (ign.com). The absences leave a lot of interesting questions to be answered, and fans are excited to see whether their favorite characters will be featured in the film.

Whether you are a huge Marvel fan or just someone looking to see a good movie, make sure to go see the new film, Avengers: Infinity War, on April 27 in a theater near you. It’ll be sure to get you sitting on the edge of your seat!