Top 10 Spring Break Staycations

Jenna Harper, Features Editor

As Spring Break draws near and the excitement of sleeping in and sunny weather looms over our heads, we can’t help but wonder what this break has in store. Many look to Spring Break as a chance to take college tours and others look to travel near and far, but what about those who choose to stay local? Well have no fear, these ten SD “staycations” are a sure way to keep up the excitement of Spring Break 2K18!

10.) Old Town Inn This classic, Spanish-style inn is placed in a highly convenient spot in San Diego. The Inn is only a ten minute walk to Old Town State Park and a quick drive to SeaWorld, downtown, and the beaches.

9.) Hotel La Jolla If you’re a local, you obviously know of this skyscraping hotel that becomes visible as you drop down into La Jolla. This modern and tranquil auberge is a delight in and of itself, and is fortunately closely located to many favorite local spots.

8.) Sofia Hotel Another downtown classic, the Sofia Hotel is the perfect concoction of timelessness and modernity. At the Sofia, one has the opportunity to book a spa day, enjoy a lavish dinner or just drop the bags and go off to explore the city.

7.) Grand Del Mar   This hotel does not only exude luxury, but has become the go-to for many A-listers, from Adam Sandler to Prince. A stay at the Grand can include poolside lounging, golfing and tennis, and strolls amongst its idyllic grounds. Needless to say, the expense of a stay here is well worth it.

6.) Hotel del Coronado   Perhaps the most iconic on the list, the Hotel Del Coronado, or “Hotel Del” as the locals say, is quite a treat on its own (especially the beach village). It also comes with the bonus of the rest of Coronado Island, where you can enjoy the adorable pups on dog beach and a lunch at Clayton’s Diner.

5.) La Valencia Hotel La Valencia in La Jolla is a hotel that dazzles with its Mediterranean-style architecture, and Hollywood glam It also has lounges, bistros, and of course, the spectacular panoramic view of the La Jolla coastline. This stay is a must if you’d like a red-carpet-worthy experience.

4.) Humphreys   Humphreys Half Moon Inn, better known as “Humphreys,” is a one of a kind stay. Located on Shelter Island, and a short walk from the famous Bali Hai restaurant, this charming retreat is known for its restaurant and music club, its concerts, and of course, its waterfront views.

3.) Catamaran The Catamaran in Mission Beach is an exotic, tropical-looking resort that is home to a famous spa and Moray’s restaurant, and it is situated on the largest man-made bay in America. This hotel must be a fun time, considering it was the location of last years’ Prom!

2.) Horton Grand Located in the historic Gaslamp Quarter of Downtown San Diego, the Horton is a beautiful Victorian-style hotel that has been around since 1886, and is complete with everything and even the haunted Room 309.  The hotel is sure to give you the chills — in a good way!

1.) Crystal Pier Cottages – Always a favorite, the Crystal Pier cottages, which are stationed literally on the pier, are always a fun and exciting way to liven up a vacation (or staycation). With its PB surroundings, the Pier never disappoints.