Upcoming Senior Events

Micahrae Osteria, Features Editor

What’s up, class of 2018? I know it can be tough trying to keep tabs on everything going on, especially with the stress of applying for scholarships, waiting for acceptance letters, and preparing yourself for a new semester. It’s easy to forget about all of the good things that come with being a senior, but have no fear! I have the details on all of the rad stuff that’s coming your way, so sit back, relax, and let me let you in on all the awesome upcoming senior events that are in store for you!

“I’m excited to make everlasting memories with my fellow twelfth graders,” said Senior Allison Busch.

Calling the class of 2018! If you haven’t heard already, Powderpuff is back again for the 17-18 school year, falling on March 2, 2018. It’s time for you to represent your grade, so come out, be loud, and get hyped for the game!

Are you ready for some rivalry? Prepare for a friendly (and intense) basketball match between the beloved staff of UC High and the Senior Class. The date for this infamous match will be March 16. It’ll be one heck of a game, so make sure to clear your schedule and be free of plans this day. You won’t want to miss it!

Ladies, it’s your time to shine! The Sadie Hawkins’ Dance, an all-time favorite, is on March 17. This will be our second to last school dance, and it’s even more memorable since the whole premise of Sadies is for a girl to ask her date, instead of the other way around. It’ll be an exciting night, full of great food, dancing, and having fun with the people around you.

Get ready to fill your tummy to your heart’s content. Everyone loves a good hearty breakfast, and it’s even better when you’re spending it with all your friends. In April, a senior breakfast/brunch is scheduled for our lovely graduating class. I know that you’ll wake up bright and early to get your favorite breakfast combo.

Toy Story Midway Mania, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Cozy Cone Motel. Sound familiar? Seniors, get ready to put on some Mickey Mouse ears and slip on some comfortable shoes because California Adventure is just a couple of months away! Disneyland Grad Nite will be on June 2, and not only will it consist of seniors from other schools, but there will also be a secluded area formed just for seniors later on in the night. “I’m grateful that we can go to Disneyland, because it’s a big opportunity,” said Senior Jade Glawe. “My mom told my friends in Japan and they were really impressed and jealous, because they really couldn’t believe it.”

Senior Grad Party will fall on June 13, and this year will be the twenty-seventh year of the celebration. The PTSA contributes a lot to this UC High senior tradition, and it’s always a blast! It takes place in the gym, and it’s a super fun (and safe) extravaganza! There will be music, dancing, and food, as well as entertainment and games.

Prom. Prom. Prom. Are you ready for one of the most memorable nights of your high school career? Everyone knows that it’s coming up; some are even getting preparations scheduled ahead of time in order to avoid the stress. It’s time to start thinking about your date or some friends to dance the night away with. You ought to make a checklist for the special day, just so that you’re definitely prepared for the long awaited dance.

“I’ve waited since my freshman year for this moment, and I want it to feel exactly what I expected it to feel like,” said Senior Luis Meija.

I know senior year can seem stressful, and sometimes you wake up dreading even going to school, but make sure to take some time and reflect on all the amazing events that are in store for you! Seniors, it’s your year, so go out and have fun! You only get this feeling once in a lifetime.