Top 10 Affordable Yet Adorable Dates

Jenna Harper, Features Editor

With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, and most of us being semi-broke high schoolers, we could all use some inspiration when it comes to exciting dates that won’t break the bank, but will for sure impress that someone special. Here we have rounded up the top ten inexpensive dates in SD.

10.) Farmers Market Weekend mornings are prime time to spend with your date while experiencing the creative and energetic sight that is a farmers market. With Little Italy’s market on Saturday mornings, and La Jolla’s on Sunday mornings, it’s hard not to want to dive into local foods, trinkets, and the culture of a farmers market.

9.) Roller Skating With a grand total of seven dollars per person, including skate rental, Skateworld San Diego provides a fun and upbeat vibe to show off your skills and maybe take a couple tumbles. Either way, there’s no doubt it will be a fun and memorable experience.

8.)  Sightseeing In San Diego, we’re lucky enough to have a variety of different mini-cities inside our big city. With places like Seaport Village, Coronado, Old Town, and many more, it’s easy to walk around and nearly impossible to not find something to do. So take a day trip, and explore these vibrant communities.

7.) Balboa Park Every week, Balboa Park has a free museum exhibit for residents of San Diego, as well as plenty of other things to do. So head down to the park to enjoy the exhibits, take in the art, and pay a visit to the Old Globe, the turtle pool or the gardens.

6.) The Boardwalk in PB A walk or a bike ride along the boardwalk is fun in and of itself, but there is also Belmont Park, with its fabulous roller coaster, along with shops and miniature golfing.

5.) Cinema Under the Stars Located in Hillcrest, Cinema Under the Stars is a movie theater under a heated outdoor platform, so you can gaze at the nighttime stars while you watch the Hollywood stars. Showcasing both new and classic films, it’s bound to be a grand time.

4.) Torrey PinesWhy not make it a beach date? You and your date can take a trail up into the hills to catch the beautiful sights that make up our amazing city. Then take the trail down to the beach and take in that wonderful SoCal sun (or sundet) and surf.

3.) Picnic San Diego is home to some of the most perfect picnic spots. Between Kate Sessions Park, Presidio Park, the Point Loma Lighthouse, or any of the many beaches, it’s always fun to pack up a meal and take it to any of these locations for a romantic and fun-filled experience.

2.) Birch Aquarium The Birch Aquarium is obviously such a cool date idea, where you and your significant other can explore the beauty of the ocean — without having to get your feet wet. Here one can also learn about environmental issues that are effecting our waters, walk the Hall of Fishes, as well as get some hands-on experience at the Tide Pool Plaza.

1.) Sunset Cliffs Whether you decide to hike the Sunset Cliffs trails, or just sit back and gaze at one of our wondrous San Diego sunsets, the Cliffs are always a good time for you and a date to enjoy each other’s company, as well the views. I mean, what’s more romantic than a  beach sunset?