• What is Saint Patrick's Day really about? See the Features Page!

UC High Theater and Music Present The Addams Family

Uc+High+Students+Freshman+Timmy+Lehmenn%2C+Junior+Jaimelyn+Cruz%2C+Sophomore+Sophia+Lipkin%2C+Junior+Summer+Knowlton%2C+Sophomore+Kayla+Kenny%2C+Freshman+Shayna+Meltzer%2C+Senior+Jason+Lorenzo+and+Junior+Helen+Tadesse+%28left+to+right%29+perform+The+Addams+Family.+
Uc High Students Freshman Timmy Lehmenn, Junior Jaimelyn Cruz, Sophomore Sophia Lipkin, Junior Summer Knowlton, Sophomore Kayla Kenny, Freshman Shayna Meltzer, Senior Jason Lorenzo and Junior Helen Tadesse (left to right) perform The Addams Family.

Luke Minnick

Luke Minnick

Stephanie Carreto, Staff Writer

Lights, camera, action! The Addams Family has come to UC High! Tonight is the last night to see the show, which includes both the Theater and Music Departments, at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

“It’s funny, it’s charismatic, and it’s heartfelt. Adults and kids can easily see themselves in the show,” stated Director Matt Moody. “The Addams Family is about two families that are very different from each other coming together because one family’s daughter falls in love with the other family’s son.”

According to the UC High bulletin on March 2, the tickets went on sale Monday, March 14 through Wednesday, March 22. Seats could be reserved with Mr. Moody in room 215. Tickets can be purchased at the finance office for 7 dollars with an ASB card, $8 without an ASB card, and 12 dollars for adults. The matinee was on Tuesday, March 21 at 2:30 pm, with free admission for voluntary donations.

“The set display is as close to a Broadway show that you are going to get on a high school stage,” Moody affirmed.

Stage Manager Jason Lorenzo commented, “We usually make our own props but now we’re actually getting [better] ones from other schools. We are using ‘new props’ instead of using our old ones.”

“People should come see The Addams Family because it’s perfect for today’s time. There is lots of dancing, singing, and some of the best actors and musicians that you’re going to see on a high school stage,” Moody explained.

Music Director Brandon Corenman stated, “[The music] is very fun, because it covers different musical styles including Latin and swing. It is very dramatic.”

Honors Orchestra Concertmaster Ilana Hirschfeld explained, “It’s fun music, different than the typical repertoire. It is influenced very much by jazz. It’s going to be a great collaboration [with theater] and a fun experience.”

“It is a professional level of music, so there are technical challenges that the students must master in order to pull it off,” Corenman commented.

Moody concluded, “As far as challenges go, we have already sorted out almost everything that we need to. You always worry about microphones, but we’re doing what we can to make sure that we have a smooth sound. We had a lot of parents volunteer help out, so most of the challenges you would see in a musical theater production we’ve already tackled head on and we’re ready to go.”