Top 10 Activities For Spring Break
March 24, 2017
Filed under Features
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
By Debi Rahmanan
There’s no better time than Spring Break to try new things. While taking naps may be your go-to this break, consider taking a swing at these fun spring activities!
- Picnic at Gliderport- Gather up your best buds and favorite foods and head over to Torrey Pines Gliderport. As you snack, check out the paragliders soaring above and the waves crashing below at Blacks Beach. Explore the surrounding cliffs to find hidden hangout spots!
- Julian- Escape to the quaint town of Julian for a day of hiking and shopping. Make sure to pick up a delicious slice of pie from the Julian Pie Company, or bring back a whole pie for the family!
- Flower Fields- Step into a world of flowers at the Carlsbad Ranch Flower Fields. Find your way through a maze of sweet peas, take an antique wagon ride, or simply stroll through the fields of color.
- Beach Camping- Post up at South Carlsbad State Beach or San Elijo with family or friends for a relaxing getaway. Take a dip, gather ’round the campfire, and fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean.
- Drive-in Movie- Cruise on down to the Santee drive-in theatre for a not-so-typical movie night! Pop some corn, bring your blanket, and put your seat back to get the full experience.
- Grunion- Thousands of fish — Grunion — flounder onto the beaches’ shoreline to spawn during spring and summer months. Take the opportunity to witness this late-night anomaly first hand while the season lasts!
- Strawberry Picking- Stop by Carlsbad Strawberry Company to pick the strawberries of your dreams.
- Old Town- Discover San Diego’s roots by taking a walk around Old Town. Make sure to stop by the famously haunted Whaley House; dare to venture at night for the ultimate spook. Have a meal at Fred’s Mexican Cafe before you go!
- Botanical Garden- Find nature’s beauty at the San Diego Botanical Garden located in Encinitas. Bamboo, and succulents, and fruit, oh my!
- Go Through Your Closet- Turn over a new leaf this spring and clean out your wardrobe! For the best results, get rid of any item you haven’t worn in three months. Out with the old and in with the new.